Overdid it during the festive season?
Do feel like you’ve eaten way too much over the festive season? You can’t get yourself to get back on track with eating well and exercising? Let’s talk a little bit about how to get back on track of your goals after the holidays.
First and foremost, we should clarify one important thing: the festivities are there once a year and it’s time to enjoy ourselves. Don’t beat yourself up about what happened. What’s done is done. Now, ready to look forward and get back on track, ready to get into 2021 strong?
- Fighting the sugar cravings: you’ve had all the sweets in the world over the last week or two – now your body is craving that sweetness. Try to eat more fruit instead of sweets. Craving chocolate? Go for dark chocolate which is a much healthier option.
- Reduce snacking: it’s much easier to do if you eat at regular intervals: write up a ‘menu’ including a healthy snack option (maybe an apple or yoghurt with granola (see our recipe here!)) or order Fitasty and forget all about planning and cooking – rely on us to provide you healthy delicious food throughout the week!
- Drink more water: have you ever heard of detoxing? Well, the best thing working in your favour to detox your body is… your liver and kidneys! They will do the trick. If you want to help them work better remember to drink enough water (minimum 1 litre per day) and cut down on alcohol and fizzy sugary drinks.
- Stay active: exercising is healthy, it will improve your digestion but also release endorphins into your bloodstream (the ‘happy’ hormones). This is especially important during the winter months. While it’s difficult to exercise outside, why not power up a YouTube exercise programme or simply go for a long walk? Adding some activity to your daily routine will bring multiple benefits.
- Focus on your mental health and wellbeing: this year is especially difficult for everyone with the devastating COVID-19 pandemic and it’s important to ensure you take care of your mind as well as your body. We encourage you to go through this quick list of 5 ways to keep you positive from BBC: here.
2021 is approaching fast. Have you got any New Year’s resolutions this year?