Autumn salad recipe
Autumn is this time of the year when we just want to light some candles, snug up under a blanket and watch Netflix while eating popcorn and drinking pumpkin spice lattes. But it’s also the time of the year when we get to enjoy midday walks among the beautiful yellow and orange leaves, watch the sunrise while drinking our morning tea and eat all the delicious pumpkin cakes, pumpkin pies and pumpkin salads.
Today we bring you a recipe that is packed with healthy ingredients and is a perfect lunch option in autumn: salad with pumpkin and pistachios.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2 cups of baked pumpkin cubes
- 5 cup of pearl barley or quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- 60g of crumbled goat’s cheese
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roast pumpkin seeds on a dry pan (without using any oil). Prepare quinoa or barley as per the instructions on the packaging. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, gently mix all the remaining ingredients. Cover in dressing and mix well. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Eat immediately or keep refrigerated in a closed container for up to 24h. Enjoy!