Farro, carrot and apple salad
08 Apr 2021 no comments Fitasty
This salad is really loved by all our customers. That’s why we decided to share the recipe with you so that you can make this delicious, healthy and fresh salad at home, too. It’s not difficult to make and we’re also giving you a few ideas for simple swaps in case you don’t have all the ingredients in your cupboard. Follow the intstructions and you enjoy this beautiful and colourful dish this weekend!
This recipe yields 2 portions. The salad keeps well in the fridge overnight.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 0.5 cup farro (or your grains of choice, e.g. buckwheat)
- 20g of pecan nuts (or walnuts will do well here, too)
- 20g of dried cranberries (check the ingredients to see there’s no added sugar in them!)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red apple
- 1 bunch of rocket or mixed leaves of your choice
- 60g goat’s cheese for serving (30g per person)
For the dressing:
- 1 tbs wine vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 0.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- Black pepper
- Cook farro as per the instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spread pecans on a baking sheet and roast until fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes; let them cool and then transfer to a cutting board and chop roughly.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrot, then shave into thin strips. Cut up the apple in thin slices, too.
- Toss together the cooked farro, carrot, apple, pecans, cranberries and dressing. Finally, fold in rocket or mixed leaves and serve with goat’s cheese sprinkled on top.
Nutritional values per portion:
Calories: 450 kcal