Our website address is: https://www.fitasty.co.uk.
Fitasty is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Last updated: November 2019.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site; this includes information provided at the time you request further information or complete a purchase.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use your data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, e.g. via the monthly newsletter.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To maintain the communication with you throughout completing your order.
Who we share your data with
Your data will not be shared with any third-party users.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Fitasty or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
Seperate rules apply to our newsletter subscribers. If you subscribed to our newsletter, you may unsubscribe or request that your information is removed from the database by following the appropriate links within the email coresspondence or contacting us at email@example.com
Your personal information will be retained for 3 years from the date you completed your last order. This is to ensure we keep a track record of all our orders and that we can investigate appropriately any issues that may have arised. We are obliged to retain the basic information about you for administrative, legal and security purposes. Your data will not be shared externally and will not be edited throughout this time, unless we were legally obliged to do so.
What rights you have over your data
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. If you have an account on this site, have placed and order with us or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you (subject to further terms and conditions). This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your data will only be accessed by approved personnel.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
We oblige with the GDPR policy. The aim of the GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in today’s data-driven world. The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’, meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.
In order to process your order, we will be required to collect your personal information. By placing an order, you agree that we collect and keep your personal information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this further.